Sunday, January 15, 2006

Wow! French Onion Soup

How many times have you tried to make a favorite dish, and just not get it quite right? It'll be edible, but there's something slightly off. Then when you finally get it right--it's like "WOW!"
I had one of those moments today. The recipe? French Onion Soup. I've used recipes, weaned it, laboriously analyzed restaurant dishes. Once, I got close, but was never able to recreate it.
I used this recipe from Linda at Kayaksoup as a guide.
Oh, and something I don't normally do--I broke from traditional french onion soup just barely as I added some baby bellas at the end of cooking. I had them on hand, don't want them to go to waste.
So, here's the recipe.

French Onion Soup

The only French Onion Soup worthy soup mug I have is this Campbell's one I got from my mom years ago. It suits me just fine!



No comments: