Wednesday, January 04, 2006

How about a patty melt?

I worked late, was tired, came home and went for one of the easiest things next to takeout. This is sort of a modified patty melt as I've never had one with feta cheese before, but that's what I had on hand. My original plan was a hamburger, but I am out of buns, tomatoes, lettuce, etc. But I do have mushrooms, bacon, onions, and wheat bread.
I was going to do a side of either corn or green beans (gotta get a veggie in) but was talking on the phone to my parents and forgot. No biggie--I couldn't eat all of this anyway.

OK, so the colors don't make for the most pleasing picture. Oh well. It was still good.

2 comments:

Lula said...

That looks good but nothing beats those grilled burgers with jalapenos, thick cheddar cheese, and portabellos that you and your dad made back when I was prego with squirt....yum!!!!!

Jeff in NC said...

OOoo, I LOVE patty melts. Best ones I ever had were at a little dive called the Blue Fox in Frederick, MD....now I want one... :(