Monday, January 23, 2006

Peanut Butter Coconut Kisses

So, I had a sweet tooth. I thumbed through Cookies by the Dozen. I'm on this meringue kick (better that than something with butter, eh?) I saw the recipe by the above name and decided it would work for me. I had all of the ingredients.
Well, those who know me well know I have a knack for not following the recipe. I sub a little bit of this, a little bit of that. You know the routine. I know better when it comes to baking. At least I used to. What were supposed to be light, puffy kisses turned out to be flat and heavy, though still tasty. It is humid out; that might also be a culprit instead of my substitutions. In flavor, these remind somewhat of the no-bake cookies made with oatmeal, though the texture is not the same.
Another thing--I used all natural peanut butter because that's all I buy. I've read that for baking recipes, you should use the other stuff. Oh well. At least my sweet tooth has been satisfied!
And J--if you're reading this--see, even experienced cooks screw things up. It's happened to me plenty of times. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look and sound delicious!

I just found your blog and I'm so glad that I stopped by ... looking forward to visiting again!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for visiting, Ivonne! Hope to 'see' you again.