Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Rachel Ray's Buffalo Chicken Chili w/ Blue Cheese Toppers

Wow! This was pretty good. I'd been eyeballing the recipe after someone posted it over at Cooking Light. The first review wasn't great, but I was intrigued enough to give it a shot. I was worried when tasting the chili part-my thoughts were that it didn't have much depth. Then I remembered it was supposed to taste like Buffalo Wings! So, I topped it with the toppers (which were pretty good on their own) and Wow! It really did taste like buffalo wings! It was warm--not so much that I broke out a sweat, but enough such that my lips were burning. That may be because I added extra hot sauce (can't follow a recipe...). This recipe really is a sum of its parts. Definitely do the blue cheese toppers if you make this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delicious! Comfort food at its very best ...

Thanks!

Jeff in NC said...

I've never been a big chili fan, but this sounds really really good! I'm becomng addicted to really spicy hot things. :)