Saturday, January 21, 2006

Weekend Cooking

Thanks for the comments regarding the blog's new look. I am not done with it; I just ran out of time to deal with it. I checked out the colors on my work browser and did not like them. Next up, I'll change them around.

This week, I tried 1 new main course recipe. Crock pot Cranberry Chicken was sweet and slightly spicy from the addition of one ice cube size chunk of chipotle in adobo sauce. This was well received by my coworkers. I served it with couscous. I'm not sure I'll make this one again. It was fine, but nothing that wowed me. I'm not a fan of ketchup unless it's with french fries, and that was the bulk of the sauce. It was a little too sweet for me.

Today, I made some Coconut Meringues from the book Cookies by the Dozen. (Note: They are now being sold for over $25. I got mine for about $7 including S&H.) This was my first recipe to try from this book, but there are many more I'm looking forward to. These cookies were very light and airy. I used toasted flaked coconut. I think shredded coconut would be a better option, as the large flakes tended to clump together. I love meringues--there's something about their melt-in-your-mouth texture. I may experiement and make some cinnamon-cocoa ones tomorrow.

No comments: