Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday Night Dinner

TGIF! I am exhausted--it's been 'one of those weeks'. It doesn't feel like I'm just off of Christmas break. It feels like I haven't had a break in WEEKS. So goes my world. At least I have a 3 day weekend ahead. I brought a big basketful of work to ponder. I have a ton of documentation things to get done.
I went to Sprouts tonight on my way home from work. I stocked up on veggies, so hopefully will eat more healthfully at least for the next week! They also had chicken thighs for .79/lb. (I guess that's cheap--I've never purchased them before!)

I generally don't like the dark meat (unless it's part of good fried chicken). B,ut, in an effort to be more budget conscious, I decided I'd try them.
I made Oven-Fried Chicken Thighs and mashed potatoes topped by sauteed garlic mushrooms. I looked at a recipe of Robin Miller's (Food Network) and made a few minor changes to the spices used (and I didn't measure). Not bad, a recipe I may want to play with later. I definately think I'd like this better with boneless skinless chicken breasts.

OK, so the picture is ugly because my plating and photography are pretty bad (and this picture is a bit blurry. Oops). Add to that is the fact that there is nothing but BLAH colors on my plate. I guess I shouldn't apply for any food stylist positions anytime soon.


No comments: