Friday, January 05, 2007

January/February Cooking Light

(Edited to add links 1/4/07)
I've already made one recipe. I'll review it this weekend.

I got my issue today! I'm still going through it, but I am going to start keeping track of the ones I hope to make this month--there are 22 total! Wow, I don't know that I've ever found that many in one issue. I guess I should get busy cooking! I'll update this post later with recipe links, comments, and reviews of those I actually make.
My schedule is about to be crazy. Tonight I worked until almost 7, went to the gym for 70 minutes of cardio, got home at 8:45, threw together some pasta with chickpeas, 1 small piece of bacon, and a teaser of parmesan cheese. It was OK for a quick dinner, which on days like today are all I'm up for! My hope is to do better at stocking my freezer, especially with hearty soups and stews.

Main Course
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with Beer
Rosemary Scented Lentils and Sausage
Pork and Vegetable Stir Fry with Cashew Rice
Spicy Pork Parmesan Cutlets
Pork Schnitzel with Noodles and Browned Cabbage
Beef with Spicy Cocoa Gravy
Falafel Pitas with Cucumber-Yogurt Dressing
Pork Medallions with Double Apple Sauce
Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia Salad
Sesame Chicken with Noodles
Black Pepper Citrus Chicken

Soups/Stews
Chunky Red Dal Soup
Hearty Minestrone with Barley, Sage, and Beans
Dal with Cumin, Ghee, and Mustard Seeds

Sides/Appetizers
Spinach and Kale Turnovers
Argentine Black Bean Flatbread with Chimichurri Drizzle
Couscous Salad with Chickpeas and Tomatoes
Polenta with Browned Butter and Mushroom Sauce

Desserts
Buttescotch Blondies
Spiced Shortcakes with Sauteed Pears

Other
Blueberry Passion Fruit Smoothie
Sweet Corn Muffins

No comments: