Sunday, December 31, 2006

Name Brands Revisited

I posted a few weeks ago about name brands in the kitchen. As I made it through the holiday baking and cooking season, I came upon a few more that are definitely a step above their competitors.
For quick homemade salsas, soups, and pasta sauces, I prefer Muir Glen brand of tomatoes and tomato products. Unfortunately, I can't always find them around here. Cento is a good substitute. The Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes are the best ever. They are organicWhen fresh isn't possible, these are the way to go.

When making my toffee, fudge, or just a chocolate chip cookie, I prefer Ghirardelli chocolate chips. My favorite are the 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chips for the rich deep chocolate flavor.

Of course, King Arthur Flour is the way to go when making high quality baked products. I haven't made bread or pizza dough recently, but when I do, I have to have my King Arthur!

That's all for now.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: