Thursday, December 07, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree

This is the first year I've had my own 'grown-up' Christmas tree. I had some small ones in college, but nothing to write home about. After I moved away from OK, I never had trees because I always left for Christmas. This year, now that I am not traveling more than 45 minutes, I decided it was time to have my own tree.
Last year, my mom and I began painting glass bulbs. I bought as many as I could find on clearance. I finished them up this year and thus had about 150 ornaments for my tree, and it was relatively cheap as ornaments go. I will take some of my favorites to attach to gifts, and then buy more bulbs at the end of the season to paint for next year. I have a handful of other ornaments that are sentimental in value, and they just sort of blend in with the others. I also got a real tree. I even got it up (about 7 ft) all by myself, though I'm sure if anyone would have been here to see they would have been laughing! That also explains why it's slightly crooked. Here's some pictures of the bulbs and then the final result.








No comments: