Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hearty Minestrone with Barley, Sage, and Beans

I made this the other night after a long day of work (1/2 day), driving to my home town at attend a funeral, a quick trip home and then a trip to the gym and grocery, it finally getting home at 8:00. It was later than I usually would cook, but I was craving soup and this one didn't disappoint. I used a 1 1/2 cup serving size, and got 7 servings out of it. It was very filling--it packed quite a punch for the calorie count. I had some at work the next day, and I think it was even better. I froze the rest--I'm hoping this is one that is OK frozen! I used all dried herbs, upped the sage a little, added about 1/2-1 extra cups of broth because I like brothy soups. I couldn't find savoy cabbage, so subbed half white cabbage and half napa. Everything else was by the recipe.
The recipe is linked in my previous post.

No comments: