Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Couple More Recipe Reviews

Butterscotch Blondies

I made these last night and threw them out today. They called for melted, slightly browned butter.The result was a gooey, heavy, almost greasy hunk of brownie that tasted like sugar, but nothing like butterscotch. Not a keeper. I also subbed 1 egg+3 whites for the egg substitute.

Polenta with Browned Butter and Mushroom Sauce

I love mushrooms. I really like polenta. Of course I love butter. However, I did not like the melding of flavors in this recipe. It was a waste of good cremini mushrooms IMO. The sauce didn't hold any of the browned butter flavor. I could really taste the lemon juice; it was too much. I did try and eat the leftovers for lunch but ended up throwing the mushroom sauce out and eating the polenta plain.

No comments: