Friday, November 24, 2006

Success

Quote of the Day


"When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

My first turkey was a success! Nevermind that most of my family doesn't like turkey, won't eat it. I used Alton Brown's Good Eats Roast Turkey. It was moist and flavorful. I think next time, I'll use the same brine but have my dad smoke it and compare. I also made Grandma's Dressing (made seperately from the turkey--it's a chicken dressing that uses cornbread and fatty chicken broth that I made yesterday). I also took a cranberry salad, toffee, and fudge. We do dinner at grandma's house, so I had to load up the car and drive the 45 minutes to her house, but it worked out fine. It was much better than the 3+ hour drive I've been making the past 7 years!

Now I think I'm ready to join the Y like I've been intending on doing. :)

I had some visitors Wednesday. "My girls", students from my 2 years in Plano came to see me, with their mom of course. They have family in Oklahoma. It was great to get to see them and get some of those hugs and "I love yous".


I'll add that I spent most of that day on the couch--I've been sick and just needed a day to rest. Seeing their smiling faces was good medicine! They were scared of the dogs at first. You can see Peanut trying to get some loving too. I'm sure I'll be seeing them again soon!

No comments: