Sunday, November 05, 2006

Election Time

I hate elections. I hate having crap shoved down my throat about a person's opposition. Wouldn't it be much nicer if people running could focus on what they are going to do to make a difference, and let us inform our own opinions about the opposition without all of the mud-slinging?

To that note, I had out of state company here a few weeks ago. One did comment on an ad for the current governor, Brady Henry. She said it was a nice ad, focusing on him rather than his opponent. If only they were all that way.

Anyhow, I'm still registered to vote in TX. I missed the deadline to register here because I was working late. I intended to go in that day, but got engrossed in what I was doing and before I knew it, it was 6:00 pm. Who says teachers don't work long hours? So, I'll be watching the returns Tuesday night, but know that without voting myself, I have no right to bitch! Fortunately, I think the incumbent for governor will win and he would have had my vote.

No comments: