Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Recipes

Following Alysha's lead at The Savory Notebook, I'm going to try and flag the recipes I would like to make from CL Magazine. So often after browsing, I end up putting the magazine down and forgetting about it until the next issue comes. This isn't a commitment to make these recipes, but if I actually think about it enough to keep track, maybe I'll try a few new recipes along the way, instead of doing my usual tried and true things.

So, on to the recipes I'd like to try. I've linked to those where recipes are available at the CL website.

Mini Bacon and Potatos Frittatas
Chocloate Peanut Butter Cake with Bittersweet Ganache
Brown Sugar and Spice Cookies
Curried Chicken Salad in Naan
Beer Braised Beef with Italian Salsa Verde

Wow, so there's not alot for me in this issue. There are a few more recipes I would try, but just aren't worth the expense or effort.

Here is a recipe for Chicken and Black Bean Taquitos from CL Nov 2006 that I made last night. I used my leftover chicken and turkey. I also used smoked gouda cheese for half of the choose, because it's at I had on hand. I added a jalapeno for some added kick. I prefer taquitos to be made w/ corn tortillas, but without heating them in oil, it's next to impossible to roll them up without breaking. So, I used flour tortillas. I had a couple of these for lunch today and my coworkers were envious. The rest are in the freezer waiting for a lunch or dinner on the run. I tripled the recipe so have plenty to last me a while. Because Joe at Culinary in the Country is a much better photographer, check out his picture if you must. He used chipotle flavored tortillas. I used plain. This is a recipe I will use again and again. I love having quick, easy appetizers in the freezer, ready to go at a moment's notice.

No comments: