Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wonderful New Recipe!

Today was fun. I made slime. I then taught my students how to make it. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or them!

50/50 Glue: Mixture of Elmer's Glue and water
Saturated Borax Solution: Mix borax into a small amount of hot water. Do until not all of the borax dissolves--this is when the solution becomes saturated.

Recipe for Classic Slime

Measure about 2 Tablespoons of 50/50 glue into a paper cup or some other vessel

Add 1 or 2 drops of food coloring if you want and mix it with the 50/50 glue

Stir in about 2 teaspoons of saturated borax solution

When the slime has mostly formed, reach in and take it out of the cup

Knead the slime to make it a consistent texture.

If the slime is too sticky, you can add a little more borax
If it is way too slippery you can add more 50/50 glue


School is going great. . .I'll share more later!

No comments: