Saturday, August 20, 2005

Saturday Thoughts

Posting from word—Blogger now has a MS Word add-in so I’m testing it out!Tilly is doing well. I could have left her in my classroom over the weekend, but I thought that was cruel. It may have been cruel to bring her home so she could be terrorized by my dogs as well, but she seems to be handling it well!

Work this week has been emotionally exhausting! I had one of my self-contained students bite a sub, scratch us both, and throw an all-out tantrum. I had never seen anything like it. That was a trying experience. Fortunately, since that day she has been easy to redirect and generally happy.

I got 2 new cookbooks today at Half-Price Books. One is called Tarts by Sarah Banbery. It has beautiful pictures. Some recipes I look forward to trying are Artichoke & Pancetta Tartlets, Feta & Spinach Tartlets, Squash, Sage, & Gorgonzola Tart, Toffee Apple Tart, and a White Chocolate & Cardamom Tart.
The other cookbook is Simple Recipes for All Seasons: Soups by Elsa Petersen-Schepellern. There is a recipe for a Thai Spicy Beef Soup that is making me look forward to cool weather! I’m definitely going to have to try the Coconut Laksa as well. Chilled Mango Soup with Champagne and Ginger also looks intriguing.

That is all for now. I’ll try and post some better pics of Tilly soon!

1 comment:

Joe said...

The cookbooks sound really good! Looking forward to your reviews!