Sunday, August 07, 2005

Dinner Tonight: Cooking Light

Tonight I made some Spiced Blueberry Muffins to take to school tomorrow to share w/ my team for breakfast. I ate one and it was very yummy! I used extra blueberries and the only other deviation from the recipe was to use LF cream cheese rather than the disgusting FF variety. I love the contrast of the spices with the sweet and juicy blueberries!

I also made Pork with Mushroom Ragout. Both recipes are from Cooking Light. I wanted something easy and low maintenance, and I had some portobellos that needed to be used. I got a free pork tenderloin at Central Market yesterday so used that instead of the pork loin called for. It also called for 3 kinds of mushrooms. I just loaded up with the portobellos! The juices were very flavorful and helped add some flavor to the quinoa pilaf I had. I got this in the bulk section of Central Market. It just called for adding the pilaf to boiling water. I did add some celery for flavor, and s&p but it was still pretty bland.

So, I know have lunch for two days this week and dinner for one. I also froze one portion for later use.

3 comments:

Lula said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! Imagine you deviating from a recipe. I don't know why you even bother with them. LOL

Lula said...

Well, how did the first day go? Please tell me you aren't still there. :)

Lula said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.