Monday, March 30, 2009

First stop: Penzeys Spices

I *heart* Penzeys Spices. Their spices are fresh, cheaper than the grocery store, and walking into their store is like a sensory journey. From the cinnamons (yes, there is more than one kind of cinnamon) and vanilla to the flavorful curries to the every-kitchen-needs-them staples like cumin and oregano, it is a wonderful experience. I used to order from them via the Internet, but lately have been able to time trips to Dallas with my re-stocking efforts.

Look at all of the spices!


Curry. It's perfect for a non-Indian cook like myself who doesn't know where to start when making my own curries.



I like Penzeys so much that I spent more there than any other place we went except for one. Their products are THAT good.

1 comment:

. said...

Thank you for opening my blind-eyes to Penzeys! What a fun place! I actually used some of my Penzey spice on tonight's dinner... it was nommy! ^^