Sunday, October 16, 2005

Family Wedding

I'm back from my cousin's wedding and am exhausted! I'm not used to staying up until 3 am. It was an honor to stand up on the stage at my cousin said his vows to his bride-who has become a good friend of mine over the past several years.

After the reception, some of us in the wedding party went out to a country bar to go dancing. This was a place I've only attended once before, about 10 years ago. Funny thing is, back then, I thought that this place was where an older crowd hung out. Now I'm there and I am part of that 'older crowd'! Nonetheless, we had fun.

Another thing that can make a person feel old--I'm old enough that I can reasonably embarass my 15 year old nephew by dragging him onto the dance floor and telling him to just 'move around, shake your booty'. See, I can't dance. It's not in my blood. Neither is it in his. However, I've come to the point where I don't care if I look like an idiot. I'm just having fun. He just stood there and said, "I don't dance". He did turn a bit red. Here we are before the wedding. I don't think I've gotten him to smile for the camera since he was about 4.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything went well! Your nephew looks a lot like my 17 year old cousin who was equally embarrased when any of the women in our family dragged him out on the dance floor at my sister's wedding this weekend.

SonSon said...

LOL He looks like a teenager!

Lula said...

Hello everyone! JJ has had a birthday!!! Sing with me now..

Happy Birthday To You...cha cha cha
Happy Birthday to you...cha cha cha
Happy birthday dear JJ cha cha cha

Happy birthday to you......:)

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha - such a classic "leave me alone" teen look. Hee hee.

And I LOVE singing:

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you!!
Happy Birthday, dear JJ,
Happy Birthday to you!!

Wooo! :)