Sunday, July 24, 2005

While I Was Out

While I was at camp, my house/dog sitter for half the week (and long time friend) painted my kitchen for me. It's not quite done, thanks to me failing to inform him that all I have is a step ladder which is no match for the 10 ft. ceiling in my kitchen. Anyhow, here is what it looks like. It still needs another coat. However, I'm really happy with this shade of yellow. It's soothing and not blinding. Here are before/after pictures. He'll be here tomorrow to finish it up for me.

Before: BRIGHT yellow paint covered with a red colorwash. My painter-uncle described this as 'makes me want to eat a burrito.' Not quite the look I was going for. In retrospect, I should have used a darker red and diluted it much more with the glaze. Oh well, next time I'll know! My dad did the texture, which I think looks great.




After: You can't see the texture as much in the picture, but here is the color it is now. I may try and get a picture in the daylight that is clearer tomorrow.


1 comment:

Lula said...

That looks pretty! I would have to see it in person to give my final ok though. :)