Saturday, November 08, 2008

Cranberry-Chipotle Fruit Compote

With Thanksgiving fast approaching (how in the heck did it get to be NOVEMBER already?), I've been mentally preparing a menu, or at least the part of the menu I will be making. I came across this recipe on the CLBB and it piqued my interest. Sweet and spicy, utilizing fresh cranberries, and versatile--I HAD to try it. So, I made a half recipe today to take to a friend's house to watch the OU/Texas A&M game.
So far, I have only licked the spoon (and I DIDN'T double dip), but I think I will like this! I am serving it with cream cheese and organic blue corn tortilla chips. I hope I have none left to bring home, because I know me--I would eat it with a spoon!

Cranberry-Chipotle Fruit Compote (link to Epicurious).

The only sub I made was to omit the dried peaches and use double the amount of dried apricots.

No comments: